Thursday 2 June 2011

The Classic Finale: Manchester United vs Barcelona

                                               


As Saturday arrived as a United die hard fan I could hardly wait for the final of the UEFA Champions league to begin, my heart jumped in amazement.
    At 18:30 GMT I was in my couch set for the day and the football analysts had started analysis, in truth the probability of United beating Barca was 10% and as a United loyalist and optimist I could do nothing but wait and believe. I called a few of my colleagues before the game to provoke them and in fact i staked a few dollars. By 19:00 the teams were announced just as  I had predicted we were playing a direct 4-4-2 which included Van der Sar, Fabio, Vidic, Ferdinand,Evra,Valencia,Giggs,Carrick,Park Rooney, Hernandez. When I saw the Barcelona team I was elated with the absence of Puyol and the starting of nearly fit Abidal. The game was set for kick off the business like faces of Rooney and the prayers of Little Pea boosted my morale.
GAME-ON
 For the first 15 minutes United bossed possession playing like a bunch of robots working at full capacity then like what happened in 2009 Barcelona gradually entered their stride Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets dominated the trio of Park, Giggs and Carrick I was disturbed as I knew a goal was coming and In the 27th minute,out of seemingly nothing, Xavi slipped the ball to Pedro on the right, who somehow found himself in space. He then sent Van der Sar the wrong way and it was 1-0 Barca!!
                               PEDRO CELEBRATING HIS GOAL WITH TEAM MATE ALVES. 1-0
In my mind I thought We Are United We do What We want! And of course by the 34th minute after some interception Valencia put the ball to a throw in and there was the goal to calm me down Rooney made something out of nothing. A quick throw from Barca was turned over. Rooney cuts in, passes to Giggs, gets it right back and blasts home to make it 1-1. What a goal! My nerves were calm I was overjoyed.
    TEMPORARY JOY: Rooney is joined by Evra in celebrating the equalizer.
But from that goal the maestros in Xavi and Iniesta were revealed they tore apart Carrick , Giggs and Park Alves gave Park a night to forget with his skills and passing, Evra was nowhere to be seen I couldn't wait for half time so the boss could give the team the much needed motivation and as half time approached I was calmed with the belief that we could win the game but as the players returned from the break it was total "Massacre". From Alves to Messi to Pedro To Villa, Edwin Vander Sar was tested and of course the mighty dutch man saved them all but on the 54th minute Lionel Messi took two thunderous steps and placed the ball a few centimetres to Vander Sar's left.

                            MESSI UNLEASHES THE SHOT TO SCORE THE 2ND OF THE DAY.
He proved just why he would win FIFA Player Of the year Award again with his goal. It wasn't over yet as United brought on their Player of the year fror the 2010 2011 season Nani and of course he had an effect but this time a negative effect he fed the ball to Busquets in the box who in turn set it up for David Villa to give Vander Sar a torrid departure in what would be his worst ever United Match.
                      DAVID VILLA RUNS RIOT AFTER CLINCHING THE TROPHY FOR BARCA.
       A sad way for Edwin and Paul Scholes to end their United careers but in all it was football being played at its best and of course the trinity of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi were all joyuous as they destroyed Manchester United.
                                         THE TRINITY: They make Barcelona Untouchable
And of course to round it off it was a sight to behold as just recovering tumor patient lifted the trophy for Barcelona.
                                                 Eric Abidal: The True Champion!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Picking my team of the night: Valdes, Abidal, Vidic,Pique,Alves, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Messi, Rooney, Villa.
Coach: Pep Guardiaola

1 comment: